The Lead Learner-Professional Development
Developing Systems for Impact on Learning through Clarity, Coherence, and Capacity
Crafting Personal Leadership Skills for Impact
Session 1: 8:30-12:00 pm
The following sessions focuses on developing educational systems that ensure more than one year’s growth in one year’s time for all learners in academic content and 21st Century skills. Anchored in the latest research related to learning, leadership, and systems, this session provides practical guidance for leaders to ensure clarity of message in their work, coherence of systems, and enhancing capacity development of staff.
- Design a strategic approach to decision making and messaging that intentional focuses on substantial progress of Learning core content and 21st Century skills.
- Develop coherence in curriculum design, instruction, and assessment systems across an educational organization.
- Develop continuous professional learning processes that ensure every staff member is moving forward in their own learning.
Second Session 12:30-4:00 pm
The following session focuses on key actions educational leaders use to create the right message, establish systems, and mobilize people to ensure students gain more than one year’s growth in one year’s time in core content and skills. Focusing on personal leadership skills this session gets to the heart of the Lead Learner and how such a leader is critical for today’s students, staff, and stakeholders.
- Explore strategies that redefine strategic planning, governance, meeting structures, personnel, and professional learning.
- Apply the Lead Learner approach to typical challenges site and district leaders face when moving student and staff learning forward.
- Generate strategies for handling the key equity, innovation, and learning tensions that education leaders face today.
When: Monday, May 21st, 2018
Where: Center for Excellence at Napa New Technology High School, 920 Yount Street, Napa, California 94559
Registration: Please register above (includes book The Lead Learner, light continental breakfast and lunch)
Cost: $225 per participant